We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Week in Review

Whew!  It's been a busy week in the Riggs house, and the week isn't even over yet. 

Monday we had dinner with an awesome couple we met through our church small group.  I continue to be encouraged by the other families we've been blessed to get to know since February.  Cate also had a doctor's appointment.  She weighs 26 pounds and is 33 inches tall.  The pediatrician couldn't believe how much she was talking and thought she had some pretty good fine motor skills given her age.  In fact, the doctor's exact word for Cate was "perfect."  Which is what every mama loves to hear.

Tuesday I had dinner with my bookclub.  Hooray for French food!  We ate at La Petite France and talked about our first read, Julie and Julia, which wasn't too bad of a book.  There were definitely moments I could have done without, but the funny moments more than made up for it.  While I was at dinner, Eric took Cate to the bike trail with one of his friends and his daughter.

We're going to have to work on Cate and the bike trailer.  She loved the bike seat in Hilton Head, but this was a different story.  Not the picture I wanted to receive via text while out to dinner, but it still made me smile.  I think the shots she got at the doctor the day before contributed to the crying.

Wednesday brought small group, which I missed because I needed to get some grading done-- but Cate and Eric had a blast!  And I missed everyone while I stayed home and graded.  Earlier that day, Cate turned into a full-fledged little girl.

Yeah, we now own a baby doll stroller.  It was cheap and on sale at Target.  It probably won't hold up past next summer, but that's okay, because by then Cate will be more ready for this baby and all of her accessories. I loved my baby dolls as a girl and am excited for the time when Cate can really "play" with her own baby dolls.

Cate has adored pushing her baby around the house.  It's kept her busy the last couple of days since we're stuck inside due to the rain.

I think she looks like such a big girl pushing this.  However, when she pulls her baby doll out of its seat by the hood of her outfit, I'm reminded of how small she still is and how much she has yet to learn.

Tonight Eric is at the Light the Night Cincinnati walk...in the rain.  Hopefully he won't come home with a cold.

And Cate is in bed early because this busy week has worn her out.   So I'm looking forward to a snack of Banana Nut Cheerios and some good Thursday night TV.

Our weekend is packed as well...stay tuned for a weekend update...coming, well, you know, after the weekend.

How has your week been?

~Melody :-)

No comments: