We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 14, 2009

Not Me Monday



It's been almost a month since my last Not Me Monday confession.  And I know this will be oh so therapeutic.  So let's have at it, shall we?  Don't forget to check out all of the Not Me Monday fun at the MckMama blog.
Even though I called Soldier Field this weekend and talked to a live person who specifically said "no cameras with detachable lenses" were allowed at the concert, I did NOT find a way to smuggle mine in.  I did NOT stick the lens in one of my undergarments (top half people) and put on a baggy sweatshirt of Eric's to disguise myself.  Eric did NOT carry my camera in, pretending it was one with a detachable lens.  I was NOT totally paranoid during the opening act that I was going to get caught.  And I most certainly did NOT try to think of ways I could get around it (like the fact that on the Soldier Field website it just said no cameras with lenses longer than 6 inches and on the signs going into the concert it said no cameras with lenses 3 inches or longer...NOTHING about detachable lenses).  Besides, when not zoomed out, my small lens is just a hair under 3 inches.  :-)
 
It was totally worth the risk!
Cate and I did NOT chalk up a storm on the back concrete today.
 
 
I do NOT have chalk on parts of my body that I didn't think touched chalk.  
I am NOT picturing a future sitting on the sidelines of soccer games.  
 
And while playing with the ball in the picture above, I totally did NOT kick it right into Cate's face (I was trying to get it to go over her, but she moved).  Thankfully she laughed it off and kept on kicking...until Zoey decided to play too.  I think the following pictures speak for themselves.  
 
  
  
  
I am NOT going to have to check into a doggie soccer league (just kidding, I love my dog, but we'll stick to the backyard).  
These two girls were NOT ecstatic to see Daddy pull in the driveway tonight.  
 
It did NOT make me feel like chopped liver for a moment because they were so focused on Eric.  But then Cate ran off into the backyard babbling, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy..." and I felt better.  
What have you NOT been up to this week?
~Melody :-)

No comments: