We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 12, 2009

Not Me Monday



I did NOT go back to work last week after a wonderful (albeit rough-at-the-beginning-due-to-illness) two week break. And I most certainly did NOT find myself crashing at 8:45 one night last week because I was definitely NOT that tired. And I did NOT crash around the same time last night either. NOT me!

I did NOT pretty much wean Cate last week (we're down to nursing before bed and NO pumping). I am NOT in denial about the fact that she's become adept at the sippy-cup and pulling up all in the last few days which means that she really is growing up. And I did NOT get so excited about her being weaned that I went for a run just to see if I could without my chest hurting. And upon finding that it no longer hurts to run, I did NOT proceed to run 3 miles (I mean, I am the girl that pretty much hated running her whole life).
And of course I would NEVER take a picture of Cate just because I thought her outfit was cute! Okay. Okay. The baby makes it much cuter.

I did NOT get suckered into The Bachelor this week. I haven't watched that show since Trista and Ryan, but it was on while nursing Cate (including a re-run on Saturday night) and I watched it both times-- even after I put Cate to bed, just to see who he picked. I don't know that I will watch anymore though...the girls are always annoying.

And I have NOT been singing "Lovely, Love My Family" by The Roots all weekend because it seems to be on every time I turn to the kids' station on the satellite radio in our rental car (I've heard it's the theme to a kids' show called Yo Gabba Gabba which I have never seen since we don't let Cate watch much TV). In fact, it was NOT so stuck in my head that I did NOT get on iTunes and just download it (the best way to get a song out of your head is to keep listening to it, right?). And I am still NOT ticked that we have to have the rental car one more week, which will make 1 MONTH since we've had our car! But it is what it is.
Finally, I did NOT lift Cate out of the shopping cart at Michael's this weekend only to realize that she was still strapped in to the shopping cart cover. Since the cover came with her and her feet were now all tangled in the cover, I did NOT walk all the way to the car with her still belted in to the cover figuring that I would just resolve it when I went to put her in her carseat.

I think that's it for this week. Feel free to play along on your own blog or in the comments section.

~Melody

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your daughter is adorable as is her outfit. :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch the Bachelor either and I'm not going to watch it again tonight!