We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 5, 2009

Not Me Monday!



This is quickly becoming one of my favorite things about Mondays. Last week was my last week at home on Christmas break. And I certainly did NOT start weaning Cate. She certainly has NOT taken to the sippy cup after a few days of being a skeptic. And you know, I did NOT enjoy having a full 30 minute lunch at work for the first time since I went back last April. NOT me.

Last week I also did NOT find myself crying at The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (I recommend it...I really liked it).

I did NOT have a little wreck in the jogging stroller last week (we bent a piece, but we're both okay). In fact, I'm the only one with a bruise and a scrape on my shin).

I did NOT honk a bike-type horn at Cate last week while we were in a store which I thought she'd laugh at but she ended up screaming she was so scared. I mean, I would NEVER do something like that. And Eric and I did NOT keep cracking up about it afterwards.

I am NOT mad that I am still driving a rental car (but the good news is that our car will hopefully be ready by late next week).

I did NOT allow my daughter to eat unhealthy, but yummy, chocolate cake today that we took to my grandmother to celebrate her birthday. And speaking of birthdays, I did NOT spend Saturday evening getting her 1st birthday party invitations ready to go (it's only family, but I still wanted to send out cute, fun invites).
And this little girl just canNOT be 11 months old today!
Come play along with us! It's fun!

~Melody :-)

2 comments:

Jill (Lady Lazarus) said...

I did NOT spend all of yesterday by the phone waiting for a call from the library I had my second interview with last week, because I certainly did NOT realistically know that there was no way they would have their decision this early in the week.

I did NOT start to condense and pack my apartment yesterday for my (hopeful) eventual move for a new job, and I definitely did NOT decide that I own way too much stuff.

I did NOT laugh so hard I cried when my poor cat started sneezing in rapid succession last week, because it was definitely NOT one of the funniest things ever.

I did NOT fall asleep on the couch at 10PM on New Years Eve and did NOT have to be waken up at 12:05AM by my boyfriend to go fall asleep in a real bed.

(you're right, that is fun :-))

Emily said...

I definitely didn't cry either...at least we weren't the lone sobbers in the theater :)