We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 2, 2010

Vacation!

It's always so hard to come back from vacation-- especially one that went as smoothly as the one we took last week to Hilton Head. They say the third time is a charm, and it was our third trip there, but I think we're just getting better at traveling.

Cate behaved perfectly in the car for the 10 hour drive. I did have quite an arsenal of activities for her to do though. Plus, she watched a couple of DVD's that we checked out from the library.
Our first night there, we walked from our house over to the beach. Last year, Cate ran right up to the waves upon our arrival. This year she was a little more hesitant.
Eventually she warmed up to the idea of the beach and had fun playing in the sand with Aunt C (my parents and sister joined us for this trip, just as they did on our first trip to HHI in 2007, when I was pregnant with Cate).
She also had fun walking with her Poppy (my dad) in the sand.
I just enjoyed the incredible moon-rise.
I took over 200 pictures on our trip-- don't worry, I don't plan to share them all here. But I will share a few more of our perfect vacation moments in the next few blog posts, so stay tuned.

~Melody :-)

No comments: