We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Our Son

This pregnancy has been very similar to my pregnancy with Cate. I was a little more nauseous and began to show a little faster, but otherwise, I'm craving the same things, feel just as tired at times, and generally just feel the same. So I guess it would stand to reason that I was pretty sure we were in for another girl.

However, when we got in for our ultrasound today, the tech asked if we wanted to know the gender. I waited for her to say something, but I already knew. That anatomy was quite visible. So I'd like to introduce to you our son, Brennan Michael (nope, still don't know how to use that scanner on our printer so it's a picture of a picture). He was a wiggly, but well behaved little guy while the ultrasound tech kept jostling him with the wand to get him to move. He kept opening and closing his mouth, which was just adorable. His measurements coincide perfectly with my due date and he weighs about 11 ounces. This ultrasound differed greatly from Cate's 20 week appointment. If you remember, I was severely dehydrated and had to have a high resolution ultrasound to make sure everything was okay.

So how does our sweet girl feel about having a brother (especially since she kept saying it was going to be a sister)? She loves the idea. She kept looking at the screen saying "that's my little brother." She's excited to share her train table, books, and blocks with him when he's older (good thing we have so many gender-neutral toys). Here's big sis in action, playing cornhole at Findley Market last weekend: Daddy is excited to have a little wingman to play Legos with (even though Cate already does), take to the comic book store (with Cate too), and teach how to pee standing up. Mommy's excited to go shopping for some cute, blue baby boy clothes. Seriously... from 0-6 months we have 4 outfits that were Cate's that Brennan can wear.

It's exciting and still sinking in that in just 19 more weeks we'll have a son.

~Melody :-)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So exciting! :) I'm glad Cate is excited as well. Love the name, too!

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Congratulations!!! A boy??? A perfect set! I love your name choice, too. Can't wait to see you and Eric in another week!

~Elizabeth

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Girl...then boy!? Congrats on your sweet son!! Love the name, too!