We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Not the Way to Start Christmas Break

I did get one wish...snow! We did get a little bit last night, but most of it's already been washed away by rain. So I don't know that we'll be having a white Christmas. At least we got to see some of the pretty white flakes before the holiday though.

My break from school officially started yesterday. I was very excited to see our church's Christmas show last night with my grandmother (mom's mom) and Eric's mom and stepdad (click the link to see videos and download songs from the show). We got all dressed up after dinner and headed out. The atrium of the church was beautifully decorated with Christmas trees, lights, a train display and more. We walked around a bit before heading to our seats in the auditorium. Just as we were entering the auditorium though, Cate decided to redecorate the aisle with everything she'd eaten that day.

Eric's mom and stepdad stayed for the show with my grandmother while we took Cate home. We had hoped it was just a one-time fluke since Cate had been running around at home before we left and seemed fine. But after she got sick again on the five minute drive home, we knew we were in for a long night.

Eric was my rock. Anyone who knows me well, knows I don't handle vomiting well. Eric stayed with Cate in the bathroom for awhile, helping her to the toilet when she started getting sick. He let her fall asleep on his lap once the sickness subsided, and got up a few times during the night with me to give her Pedialyte (dehydration is a major concern after what happened last time Cate got the stomach bug).

Thankfully, Cate hasn't gotten sick since late last night/early this morning and has kept down Pedialyte, water, crackers, and banana. We know she's staying hydrated because of her wet diapers and tears. And thankfully, Eric and I are both feeling fine right now (please pray that this bug misses us and neither of us ends up sick). Cate is feeling much better tonight and "played" a little Wii with Daddy.
It's a scary thing to watch your kid be so sick. And it's an embarrassing thing when they do it in public. We're thankful for the very gracious church staff who helped us get Cate cleaned up and cleaned up her mess. I'm looking on the bright side of things too-- at least it was now instead of this time next week when our Christmas celebrations will be in full swing.

Less than one week!

~Melody :-)

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad Cate is feeling better. Jason does NOT handle vomiting well either, so I know I will have to be the one to deal with that. But, that's why we all work as a team, right? Have a great Christmas, and I'm praying that there is no sickness in your home next week!

Unknown said...

Poor kid. I'm the one who gets the gross jobs with Andy, so I bet that won't change with children. Isn't Pedialyte great? I'm living on the stuff these days. Be glad when my Little Nubbin' decides he likes food!