We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Christmas Cookie Tradition

Paintbrush cookies have long been a tradition in my family. In fact, I blogged about them once before, here. That was the last time I made paint brush cookies. We decided that this year, Cate was old enough to get in on the tradition.

Paintbrush cookies are essentially cutout sugar cookies that you "paint" with an egg yolk/water/food coloring mixture. Yes, using paintbrushes.
As a kid, I looked forward to making paintbrush cookies with my cousins and my grandparents' house every year. Cate was interested in helping paint the cookies for the first cookie sheet. Then she lost interest and took a nap.
Eric and I finished the cookies and put them in cute Christmas tree tins...perfect for sharing with friends and neighbors.
We think Cate will be more into them next year. Although she did enjoy digging into them to eat them when she woke up from her nap.
~Melody :-)

No comments: