We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, March 12, 2010

Five Question Friday

Woo hoo! It's the weekend! And it's time for Mama M's weekly getting to know you blog carnival.

This is a big weekend for my competition creative writing team, Power of the Pen. It's their Regional tournament and we've won it every year for the last several years. My kids are nervous. I'm nervous. But I'm working on giving up my stronghold of anxiety and worry (but that's a whole other post).

Onto this week's questions:

1. How much time do you spend on the computer a day?

I try not to spend more than 15 or 20 minutes a day on it. A half hour max. It hurts my back. Though there are exceptions when I'm toying around with my photographs and stuff. Or blogging. And I'm not counting time I spend on the computer at work for work stuff. That takes up way more time.


2. Will you pay for your children's college or raise them to pay for their own way?

We want to help Cate and any future siblings as much as we can, which is why we try to live below our means now. However, the fact that I had to help contribute to my education did make me work harder to get better grades and to finish a semester early. My student loan is small compared to most. And I think it's important that our children contribute in some small way...even if it's just buying some of their books.


3. Have you ever been in a car accident?

Yes, three of them, but only one was ever my fault...and technically I blame my parents' dearly departed weenie dog. I was in high school, I had to pick up the dog from the kennel after vacation, my brother wouldn't go with me, the dog jumped on me in excitement while driving, I hit a telephone pole. You can read about my other two accidents here and here.


4. What is your favorite book?

This is a toughie being the English-geek that I am. I don't have just one favorite. I LOVE (in no particular order): To Kill a Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby, The Time Traveler's Wife, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, A Three Dog Life, Eat Pray Love, Bird by Bird, The Ragamuffin Gospel, and the Harry Potter series.


5. Do you make your bed everyday?

We try to...it drives us both crazy.

And as promised...pictures from getting duct taped to the wall (for a good cause today). My students were way into it and I did stay up for about 30 seconds. I put on sweats because I didn't want the duct tape messing up my clothes or sticking to my skin. One of the other awesome teachers on my team got duct taped with me. Her homeroom raised the second most amount of money for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
The things we do to motivate our students.

~Melody :-)

MckLinky Blog Hop

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're really good at this! Dang the weenie dogs for moving around in the car. We were almost in a head-on after the first vet visit and I bought a pet taxi. Now, he never gets to ride without being inside it unless one person drives and the other holds the dog! =)