We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekend Rendevouz

Yesterday's we met my parents and brother in Columbus-- it's about a 2 hour drive for both parties to travel and a perfect meeting point when you have grandparents itching to see their granddaughter.
We enjoyed some wings at Quaker Steak and Lube. Yum! Cate was more interested in exploring the various arcade games there, including a putt-putt game...
...and the motorcycle. She kept asking to go drive the motorcycle while we were eating.
I think my favorite shot of the day was this one:
After lunch, we headed over to the Polaris Mall to walk around and continue visiting some more. My mom couldn't resist this cute dollhouse, on sale at Pottery Barn Kids. It's Cate's Easter present from her Nanny and Poppy.
It reminded my mom and I both of the Little People house I had when I was a kid. It had a handle on top as well, for easy portability, and opened up the same way this wooden one opens. We took that Little People house everywhere when I was little. It was the perfect portable toy, especially on vacations.
Needless to say, I foresee this dollhouse traveling with us this summer and on many vacations to come. Eric is going to go to Home Depot this week to get a little latch for it (which will keep it closed when in transport).

Now I just have to find some Easter wrapping paper for it. Do they make Easter wrapping paper?

It's definitely hard to have one set of grandparents living out of town, but we do the best we can to make sure Cate gets to see them often. Sometimes that means driving to their house. Or having them come to our house. Or meeting in the middle.

And there's always the wonderful technology known as Skype. We love conversing via webcam.

And this blog...we can't forget that. I've definitely found over the last 2+ years that blogging is the easiest way to keep family and friends up to date on our lives without sending long, rambling emails that take forever to load because attached are dozens of pictures. With the blog, those who want to check in on us can do so whenever they want.

How do you stay in touch with out of town family and friends?

~Melody :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the dollhouse...but I can't believe PBK didn't think of a latch!

We do the same thing as you with our blog...in fact, that is one of the main reasons why I keep it up!