We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Talking Your Ear Off

Cate has been doing a lot of babbling recently. But she's getting better at saying some actual words (doggy, daddy, mama, duck, book, stinky, go, bye-bye, poppy--which means grandpa--, nannny-- her word for my mom--keys, and leash are just a few that she says and understands). She has her own version of words too. For example, "me-me" means excuse me and "diggy" is either train or fish depending on what she's looking at, but those are the only two times she uses that word.

It's really fun to watch her learn how to actually use those words. She only says "me-me" when she burps (or fake burps as the video will show). She knows the leash goes with the doggy and that we get books at the library (as soon as I ask her if she wants to go to the library she says "book, book, book"). It's cool too to see how much she understands, like when you ask her to go get something, and she does. Or you ask her to sit down, and she does. Here's a short video of her showing off some of those verbal skills (and animal-noise making skills too). I know it won't be long before she's talking our ears off.

~Melody :-)

No comments: