We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Surfin' Safari

I finally got the waterproof camera developed yesterday after snapping a few shots of Cate (and Zoey) playing in the new sprinkler toy my mom bought her while we were in California. I'm not sure who was having more fun...Cate or Zoey?
Cate was cracking up the entire time. I have a short video of them together too that I'll have to post later. I apologize for the poor picture quality. The waterproof camera is essentially a disposable camera in a plastic case. Here we are, ready to start surfing:
We learned our paddling technique and how to get up on the board while we were still on the sand.
Finally, we got to get in the water to see if we could do what we did on sand out in the water.
Our "in water" pictures aren't very good. You can see Eric to the left in this one on his knees, about to pop up to standing.
This is me, paddling to catch a wave that's coming from behind (can't see it in this picture).
Taking a break. This is going to be my CD cover when I become a female Jack Johnson surfer turned guitar player/singer. But I need to learn how to play guitar first. And sing. Both of which Eric does very well. So maybe it'll just be his CD cover.And, despite my broken baby toe, and being totally beaten up on by the waves, we were still smiling at the end of the day.
We loved surfing and would like to do it again somewhere next summer if we can find somewhere along the east coast or Gulf coast to surf. It won't be long before this water baby is joining us. ~Melody :-)

No comments: