We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Did I Shave My Legs For This?

You better believe it! As a side note though, I really am a clean and hygienic person who does shower and shave regularly.
This is my skirt- my first project made for me during my sewing lessons with my grandma. It actually wasn't too difficult. Now I just need to get a top to match it (I will not be making one as I do not have nearly the confidence or skill required to make anything remotely resembling a cute top).

Let's review this summer's sewing lessons/projects.

Outfits 1 (top) and 2 (bottom)- both made in sewing lessons with my grandma. They followed the same pattern, but outfit 2 is slightly smaller. Both will more than likely fit Cate next spring/summer (unless she grows a lot), but I'll probably have to make bigger bloomers to go underneath. Or redo the elastic in the bloomers I already made and that fit perfectly right now. Next year though, the dress part will be more of a top.
And the crayon rolls. I made these on my own at home, following instructions from a website.
My next project is already more than halfway done. It's part of Eric's birthday present, so I guess you'll have to wait until Wednesday to see it.

In the meantime, we're at the end at what has probably been our busiest summer week so far. Multiple small group get-togethers and goings-on. A wipes study and a diaper study at P and G (the latter consumed 4 hours of our morning on both Tuesday and Wednesday, but paid well). Other outings and get-togethers with non-small group friends. And we're deep in the trenches of some horrible teething. You know the kind. The kind where your kid is a picky eater, cranky and fussy, creating messy diapers, and won't go to bed without Tylenol. One incisor has poked through. Her gums are a swollen mess. Hopefully the other 3 incisors will make their appearances before we hit the road for our trip to Hilton Head.

Until then, we wait it out and in between everything keeping us busy I attempt to get things done on my before vacation to-do list.
~Melody :-)

No comments: