We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Soooo Big!

Yes, my belly is getting pretty big. And it's getting pretty darn uncomfortable. That icky 3rd trimester stuffy nose has set in, just as it did with Cate. As a result, I'm not sleeping so well these days. But that's not what this post is about. This post is about my sweet girl: Earlier this week she went from drawing random scribbles on her Magna-Doodle to this:
Yeah, it's a bird. She drew it all by herself and then brought it to us to show us. She's just getting so big. Today at art class, she made a leaf painting: Not bad for a two-year-old huh? And since she finished a little early, she got some time to just draw. Cate can trace her name if you make dotted/dashed letters for her to follow. We're not quite to the point where she can just write the letters on her own yet...but I don't expect her to be there either. So she traced her name and drew some more of her round people and I was happy the entire morning we were there.
And it's crazy what she understands too. We've been talking at home and she's been talking some at church already about Christmas and baby Jesus. It was high time to buy the Little People Nativity set so we could take a hands-on approach to the story. The other night she had it set up like this (excuse the cell phone pic): I asked her what was going on and she said everyone was coming to see baby Jesus. I know, melt my heart.

Really, she's just getting so big. If it weren't for the fact that she's still in diapers (a whole other post as well...but rest assured, the pediatrician said it's normal for some kids to not be ready until they're 3), I'd say she was pretty much a preschooler and no longer a toddler. The whole diaper thing still makes her seem little to me.

And on a random note, I had a couple of big splurges recently. Okay, big probably isn't the word. Impractical maybe? You know, buying things you don't really need. But I couldn't resist this adorable bib and matching burp cloths from Brooklyn Bib Shop on Etsy:
The fabric in the middle of the bib is a map of the NYC subway. New York City is one of our favorite places to visit and is where we got engaged. Click here to read the story. Our little man will look adorable and will spit up in style. On the other end of his body he'll be sporting these:
My friend from college has these for her little guy and they are adorable. I couldn't resist getting them for Brennan. And when I found a local store that sold them so I wouldn't have to pay shipping to order them, the deal became even sweeter.

I think that's all the "big" news for now. 42 days until my actual due date. 35 until induction day (as long as I've started to dilate though).

~Melody :-)

3 comments:

Mikala said...

Hang in there, Melody! I remember the last few weeks with the tummy and the toddler being a bit much... We are looking forward to Brennan's arrival! By the way, who cares about potty training when you can draw like that??!! Cate's artwork is amazing!

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Those socks are sooooo cute! And I knew that magnadoodle was a bird even without you telling me!!! I am so relieved that Cate isn't PT'd yet; I don't think G will be really ready for a while, and I think Cate is so "advanced"... so knowing she's not ready makes me feel a little better about where we are in our house!

~Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Cate is quite the little artist. Are you saving all of her creations? I kept a favorite piece that Grace made each month last year and made a calendar with a corresponding photo. It has been a wonderful keepsake...