We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Last Weekend's Art Class

Last Saturday was busy for us. In addition to the big first haircut, Cate also had her second art class. This week, they started off with a story-- The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
Next, they colored with markers on the cut-out bottoms of coffee filters.
They used water to "paint" the four circles and two antennae, which made the colors bleed. They also used water color paints on water color paper to make a background onto which they glued the caterpillar.
When it was all done, Cate had a caterpillar of her own to take home.
She's seems to be enjoying art class. And weirdly enough, I recognized her teacher the first time we went two weeks ago. However, I couldn't put my finger on where I knew her from. Turns out that she ran the Disney Marathon with Team in Training in January of 2007-- so...with me. We did a few training runs together, but she was usually just a bit faster.

~Melody :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Art class looks like a lot of fun. And, I like the new look of your blog.

Beth Celenza said...

Wow! Small world. Who's her teacher?