We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Yoga Baby and Other Ramblings

We're only a couple of weeks into the New Year, so most people are still going strong with their New Year's resolutions. I know the gym parking lots at the several gyms near our home have been full lately. We don't belong to one though...so we don't have to worry about fighting the crowds.

I had another yoga class yesterday and really enjoyed it. This past week I tried to put in the things I remembered from my first class as I stretched and exercised. Yesterday's class was great and I think my friend and I are going to start going every week (although the beginner series ends next week and then we'll go to a stress relief yoga class on a different day instead).

Cate has certainly noticed Mommy's new exercises. She calls herself "yoga baby" when she does her poses. Yoga is definitely helping me with two of my resolutions: to be more present and to grow spiritually.

My other resolution-- learning to knit and sew more-- is also underway. I learned a new knitting stitch and am currently making this. Hopefully it will be done within the next couple of weeks so that I can actually wear it while there's still cold weather here. And while I've been knitting, I've been listening to a lot of this...also helping with the whole grow spiritually resolution thing.

I finished my first book on my Kindle...1000 White Women. I really enjoyed it and am now onto The Art of Racing in the Rain, which is good so far (I love that it's told from a dog's point of view).

And since I'm being a little random today, I have to share with you this yummy, homemade granola that I made yesterday. You can find the recipe here. It makes a TON!
I didn't have wheat germ, so I substituted flaxseed meal. I also ran about 1/2 tablespoon short of vanilla, so I used 1/2 tbs. of almond extract to make up for it.

It came out great.So tasty with milk (like regular cereal) or with yogurt or just a handful plain.

I have tomorrow off of school for MLK Day. Unfortunately I'll be spending the morning getting my first ever cavity filled. Fortunately, my hubby is also off work which means I get to cuddle with him and my sweet "yoga baby" afterwards.

~Melody :-)

No comments: