We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 15, 2010

Deja Vu?

Until I have a chance to raid my mom's pictures next time I go to visit my family, you're just going to have to take my word for this one (unless my mom could scan in a picture of me).

Our coffee table used to belong to my parents. It has plenty of water rings and the teeth marks of all three kiddos (me, my brother, and my sister). So when Eric and I were poor and couldn't afford a coffee table of our own, my parents gave us this one. And we love it so much, we've never bothered to buy a new one even though we easily could now.

But I digress....

When I was little, or so my parents say, this coffee table was my "desk." I'd pull my rocking chair right up to it and sit and color or read or play. And now my own sweet girl is doing the same thing.
She is really into the whole coloring thing right now. So of course we had to buy her a couple more coloring books on our quick trip to the store tonight to pick up milk. She's in heaven!

I guess the "like mother, like daughter" saying is true. I find it even more true as I find myself becoming even more like my own mother (in good ways).

~Melody :-)

No comments: