We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What a Difference...

...a new camera makes.

I am not a professional photographer. Not even close. And I don't aspire to be one. But I do enjoy taking pictures.

In college I asked my parents one Christmas for a "real" camera. You know, one with interchangeable lenses and filters and stuff. I later learned that these are called SLR cameras. Santa left me one under the tree that year and I was hooked. Digital cameras were just starting to gain popularity and were really expensive, so I was perfectly happy to snap away with my new camera and get my film developed.

Flash forward several years later and I now have a very active one-year-old. We've had two digital cameras (point and shoots) since we got married and that's what I primarily use when taking pictures of Cate. I love her, but film is expensive to develop and if not all of your shots are going to turn out because your subject keeps moving...well...my habit was getting expensive.

I've wanted a Digital SLR for a couple of years now, but they've never been in our price range. Finally, they have come down enough in price, and we've saved enough money, to get one. And what a difference it makes.
I shot these pictures of Cate today while in our living room.
I didn't use a flash because I was able to play around with the settings on my camera (I'm not a pro, so I can't tell you what they all are).
The first two pictures were not edited. But since we have a new version of iPhoto, I did play around with the above shot, which is my favorite I've taken so far. Again, with no flash.
And since Zoey got groomed today, I had to take a picture of her. This one needed a little adjusting since Zoey kind of blends in with the couch.

More to come as I learn all the new tricks my camera can do.

~Melody :-)

4 comments:

ElixirMixer said...

Love the new iPhoto...and your shots of Cate, too!

Unknown said...

So Beautiful!! We have a little zoey dog too, his name is henry and we love him and Scottie(9 yrs) and cats Baby and Ms. Kitty because she is so prettywe should have named her Ms. Hissy!

Anonymous said...

Wow! There really is a difference with the new camera. You didn't say what kind it is....do share!

Unknown said...

Yes, do share,what camera is this?