We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Of Best Friends and Baby Showers

One of my best friends from college was in town this week on her spring break (she teaches in Arizona). We spent Wednesday afternoon/night hanging out together and finishing up a few more favors for her shower (shown in the previous post). Friday, I took a personal day from work and we had a blast getting pedicures, browsing cute baby boutiques, and eating out. It was wonderfully relaxing. Today was the shower and I have to say it was a smashing success! I only wish Jane lived closer so that I could help her take all of her loot home.
The mommy-to-be looked fabulous!
So did these yummy cookies from the Bon Bonerie.
Baby Collette, with whom I am sure Cate will be best buds when they come to visit, is going to be one well-dressed baby. And her mommy will be able to document it all in the scrapbook that guests at the shower created (everyone made a page so that all Jane has to do is put the pictures in).

And for your Cate-viewing enjoyment, here are a couple of pictures of her enjoying a cookie on the porch with her daddy and Curious George.
And in case I forget to mention in later, we're pretty sure that Cate knows the word "Target." She's said it a few times. I think that's a sign that we go there too often (mostly because it's less than a mile from our house and I always forget something). To our credit, she also knows "daddy" and does a pretty decent "thank you" when prompted.

~Melody :-)

PS...Last night we heard an awesome local band play. Artists and Authors. You should check them out. They just released their first CD and it is great!

No comments: