We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 23, 2009

Not Me Monday


It's that time of the week- time for me to shamelessy admit my shortcomings as a mom (or just as a human being in general). For more information and to read more Not Me's, click here to go to fellow blogger, MckMama.

And now, on with the show...

I did NOT sing "Old MacDonald" while tickling Cate's toes with one hand while driving home from the Children's Museum on Saturday. That would be unsafe and besides, don't I want her to fall asleep? Well, I did NOT want to her to fall asleep, at least not in the car because then I knew she'd have a hard time taking a nap in her own bed. And in my quest to keep her awake (it worked by the way), I did NOT sing about the old farmer having a monkey, lion, dolphin, fish, elephant, baby, and a bee, which entertained her greatly.

When we finally did get home on Saturday and Cate passed out in her crib, I did NOT proceed to spend the next 3 hours on the phone with two very good friends instead of doing the wee bit o' grading I brought home to do this weekend. And because I did NOT do some of that grading while Cate was sleeping and I refuse to grade while she is awake (unless Eric is home to play with her), I did NOT enlist Eric's help with my grading.

On Sunday Cate did NOT puke her guts up just before we left my in-laws house (our coats were on people). It did NOT take everything in me to not puke right there on the kitchen floor with her. I was NOT queasy for the rest of the night and the better part of today. And even though she never got sick again, never had a runny diaper, never ran a fever, and never exhibited any other signs of stomach virus (leaving us to conclude that the combination of rich cheesy food at dinner and being jostled, held, and played with immediately afterwards made her puke), I did NOT sanitize and clean her room, toy corner, and pretty much everything she plays with because I'm a germ-a-phob/hypochondriac when it comes to puke and don't want to take any chances. That last sentence was NOT a run-on-- I'm an English teacher and know that you shouldn't do those things. And I did NOT just blog about puking on my blog.

Nope, NOT me.

And while I was sanitizing everything today, Cate did NOT make a horrific mess of the toy corner.
She did NOT pull every book off of her shelf while I steamed pacifiers, changed sheets, and swiffer wet jetted the floor.
I mean, my child is perfect and NEVER makes a mess.

Finally, I did NOT streak my hair orange and green on Friday along with 30 of my coworkers because our students raised over $10,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I would NEVER think of putting something like that in my hair. And I certainly did NOT crack up in the shower when I got home as rivers of orange and green ran down the drain.

NOT me!

~Melody :-)


1 comment:

Wayne said...

hey great not me monday

I'm doing a new post called Tell a joke tuesday. It has mr linky so you can share your jokes or funny story that happend to you with the world

I hope you will join in
it starts in about 5 hours