We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 9, 2009

Not Me Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week. It's quite fun...come play with us.

Well, this was the week. Our darling daughter did NOT turn one this week. And we did NOT take off work just to hang out with her even though she won't remember it. I did NOT rock her for a half an hour after she fell asleep on Thursday because I wanted to be holding her at the exact minute she was born (9:05).

I did NOT make two cakes for the celebration because I would NOT invite so many people to a one year old's party. And it did NOT take two cars to get all of her loot home. I did NOT for a brief second consider buying a minivan, but then nixed that idea because I really am NOT there yet (maybe an SUV, just please NOT a minivan). I do realize that at some point in my life it may be inevitable.

I did NOT stop in to pick up a few things at Wal-Mart on Friday (I hate our Wal-Mart...it's ghetto in every sense of the word). And while picking up a few things at Wal-Mart a kid did NOT totally puke in the aisle I was in. I did NOT go and get a store employee and think nothing of it (this is a big step for me because normally I would've started gagging on the spot...I must really be a mom). On my way out of Wal-Mart I did NOT open the door to what I thought was our car with Eric and Cate waiting in it for me only to discover it was another car just like ours.

And speaking of cars, we did NOT get ours back on Friday afternoon after six weeks of repair work. I did NOT almost shed tears of joy as I picked it up. And I most certainly have NOT driven like a slow paranoid granny ever since.

And I have NOT been obsessed with pulling Cate around in her new wagon for the last two days because she just looks so darn cute in it.

Nope NOT me!

~Melody

No comments: