We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Enjoying the Warmer? Weather

It was 45 out today, which meant that it was warm here, for winter. So we loaded up the wagon (Cate needs some toys to keep her busy) and headed up to the park.
She enjoyed the swing.
And crawling through this little tunnel about a million times.
We shared a banana before heading back home. Clouds were rolling in as the sun started to set, so it was getting a little chilly. We played on the floor for an hour until Daddy got home.
It's supposed to be cold the rest of the week, so our playtime will be limited to the floor or the museum (thank goodness it's so close). I will be spending the rest of these cold nights with this pile o' books:
We've been having a book fair at school and I got a wonderful surprise this morning letting me know that since I had taken the time to come visit the book fair and fill out a teacher wish list, I was being given a $50 gift card to spend at the fair. It makes up for the fact that I've never had a parent actually purchase me anything off of my wish list. My $50 didn't go too far considering that 3 of the 4 books I chose were hardcover...but still, it beats no books at all. I haven't read much young adult literature this year other than the books I've taught, so it's exciting to get some new stuff to read...for free!

~Melody :-)

No comments: