We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Poppy!

I know he's only got a few more hours to celebrate it, but today is my dad's birthday. We were up in Hudson for a marching band alumni event this weekend. My high school band director is retiring at the end of the year. Seeing as he's taught there for 25 years, a few former students thought it would be cool to put together an alumni marching band for Saturday night's band show. We rehearsed for a few hours Saturday morning and performed Saturday night. It was fun, but exhausting. I don't have any pictures as it was raining and we only brought our really nice camera (as opposed to our point and shoot which can hide conveniently in a pocket...under a poncho. :-) Hopefully those with cameras will post on Facebook soon so I can share them here.

Anyway, the band show always falls the first weekend in October, which is also right around my dad's birthday. So we got to celebrate with him. We were trying to get one more trip to Hudson in before Brennan arrives, so this was a great opportunity. While I realize I'm just at the beginning of my 3rd trimester, I'm one of those people that likes to be within an hour or so of my doctor for those last 12 weeks. So most likely, we won't be going up to Hudson anymore until we travel with two. Good thing though...the trip was a little uncomfortable for me.

Saturday we enjoyed a trip to the farmer's market (more on this in a later post), but Cate made Poppy crack up as she reacted to all of the different Halloween decorations. Before the band show, we got to enjoy some cake and ice cream.
And then today, his actual birthday, my dad got to open his presents. Cate modeled the pullover my sister got him (my sister goes to Akron U). We were boring and got him a non-iron shirt and a tie (hey, my mom said he needed them).It literally went to her ankles and was so cute! My mom teased that Cate was going to be a Zip (Akron's mascot). Eric and I immediately set her straight and said she would be a Redhawk (Miami's mascot). Ultimately though, Cate can go wherever she chooses in 16 years. Yikes! Happy Birthday Dad (and Poppy)! Thanks for a great weekend!

~Melody :-)

No comments: