We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Disney on Ice

So, I got to take Cate on a Daddy Daughter Date last Thursday while mommy had conferences. I picked her up from the sitter and we went to the store to pick up dinner. We took our dinner down to the river, along the serpentine wall, and ate and watched the boats on the river. Then we walked down to the stadium, Cate donned this dress (thanks to one of our friends) ...


And we headed into the show. There were two things working to my advantage that night; 1) I've never been a really "macho" kind of guy, and 2) Disney does a darn good job with anything they do (the show was good for everyone, not just the young girls who are obsessed with the princesses).


From the moment we got in, Cate was enamored! She wouldn't even take her eyes off the stage to say cheese, which is a lot if you know her love of cameras.


We split a popcorn and stayed for the first half. Intermission wasn't even until 8:45, and we had a good 15 minute walk back to the car, so I figured it was time to head home. She seemed to enjoy herself though, and I got to relish in my first "club time" in a while. Let's just hope Daddy can keep the precedent of spending one on one time with the whole family!

- Papa E

No comments: