We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

School's Out for Summer

Well, not exactly. But it does feel a lot like summer with the 80+ degree weather we've been having. And school is out for spring break until Monday.

I've been enjoying a beautiful and busy spring break so far. We've played outside (notice the swing set, all put together-- except for the foot swing since Cate's really not old enough for it yet).
We've finger-painted. Cate does NOT like the feeling of finger-paint on her hands. So I re-purposed a few wine bottle corks (Eric and I have NOT indulged in two bottles of wine on spring break thus far-- I am NOT in love with Emeri Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc). They made the perfect tools to paint with. And now when Cate wants to paint she says "Cate do cork paint."
We've also been enjoying this new toy. A bit of mommy's indulgence. It's a Melissa and Doug See and Spell. Cate doesn't know very many letters, but she loves puzzles. So she's kind of learning her letters while she figures out where they go-- like a puzzle. I had a coupon for 20% off any one item at our local toystore, so I couldn't resist it. She loves it. When she wants to play with this she says "Cate do letters." I love that she's putting sentences together.
Sunday night we took some time out to go try out Eric's kite in the breeze. Cate loved chasing it around the park.Then she practiced some of her hanging skills (I think I need to get this kid in gymnastics--anyone know of a place that does classes for 2 year olds)...
...before posing for a picture with Daddy high up on the bridge.
Somewhere in all of this I managed two nights away. One night was spent sitting on Fountain Square downtown eating ice cream with two amazing friends. Another night was spent in the small theater of the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company watching their closing night performance of Othello.

Tomorrow Cate and I are loading up the big blue compromise to head to Maysville, KY to see another friend from college and her brand new daughter. I can't wait to take in all that yummy baby-goodness. And then we're off to NE Ohio on Thursday to visit family and attend a bridal shower for one of my best friends. Eric is staying here to hold down the fort (and take care of the pets).

For now...it's back downtown to enjoy lunch with Emily. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos. It seems like you are having a fun spring break. Sorry we missed you on Friday at HHS. Try The Little Gym for gymnastics class. Grace tried two other gymnastics schools but The Little Gym is by far the best. It is a franchise, so I bet you have one in your area.