We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Booksneeze

I review for BookSneeze

So here's the thing: I like to write about what I want to write about when I want to write about it. Which is why I'll never do paid advertising on my blog. (Sidenote: I did consider this at one time-- even had my application accepted with a major blog advertising placement group-- but then I read about requirements for how often you have to post, etc. and decided not to go through with it). I'd rather promote things and businesses I whole-heartedly love and support (like my friend's boutique, Stop Traffick Fasion)-- things I don't get a kickback from. Besides, some blogs I used to enjoy reading really changed after they began accepting advertisements. For one, they now take forever to load. Secondly, I came to realize that some of the posts seemed to have been posted just for the sake of posting, making the blog less interesting to read.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox. I don't hate you if you have ads on your blog. It's just not for me. That's all.

So Booksneeze---the lovely button at the top. Advertisement or not? Well, it works like this: I sign on to Booksneeze's website whenever I'm in the mood. I pick from their selection of books that need to be reviewed (or not if nothing interests me at the time). They send me the book. I read it. I post a blog reviewing the book (being honest-- however I feel about it). I do get to keep the book. Once a review is posted, I can repeat the whole process. If I want.

I like Booksneeze because I don't have to give a glowing-review if I don't want to. I don't have to read a book if it doesn't interest me. And Booksneeze could care less about how many times a week I post, how many comments I generate from a given post, and how many page views I get a month. I'm not promoting them. I'm promoting a book. And since I do that anyway on my blog (see the Reading tab under categories), this was kind of a no-brainer. Free book to read as long as I post my opinion about it.

So in the future, please look for Booksneeze reviews from me (and maybe some from my hubby too). I'll be posting my first review of Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge soon.

~Melody

No comments: