We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 24, 2009

My First Blogging Award...Seriously



After a sound night of sleeping (Eric got up with Cate this morning and made pancakes again...and then proceeded to take Cate with him through the bank drive-through and Starbucks drive-through so I could get even more sleep), I logged onto my blog to find that my friend, Elizabeth, had given me my first ever blogging award!  So fun and so flattering!  Thanks Elizabeth!

It's the Honest Scrap Award.  Here's how it works.  Once awarded, thank the person that gave it to you, list 10 honest things about yourself on your blog, pass the award on to 7 other bloggers and don't forget to let those 7 bloggers know you've chosen them.

In no particular order:
1. I met Eric at a 70's themed roller derby party that his fraternity was having our sophomore year of college...yes, I had on blue eye shadow.

2. After a few months of "hanging out" with Eric, I changed my AOL Instant Messenger to say "Ask Me Out" whenever he signed on (he was a little shy about asking me to be exclusive).

3.  The sound of a cash register used to play when my parents signed on Instant Messenger.

4.  I hate being home alone overnight.  I have no idea why, but I do.  And the first time Eric traveled for his current job (before I had Cate), I slept with a knife on the nightstand (not that I thought I actually was going to use it).

5.  I cannot stand 3 Musketeers bars and I think it has everything to do with the fact that my mother craved them when she was pregnant with me.

6. When I first came home from the hospital with Cate, I wanted to quit my job, have about 6 kids, and just stay at home.  I think it was the overwhelming amount of hormones coursing through my body at the time, because I look back on my journal entries from that time and just laugh...no way could I do that.

7.  I love Jimmy Buffet music.  I grew up listening to him because my parents were huge fans.  It rubbed off.

8. I absolutely HATED Miami for about the first 10 weeks or so of my freshman year.  I called my mom crying every night and wanted to transfer to Kent State, which was closer to home.

9.  Even though we don't always get to read it every day, we still get a daily paper because we refuse to let the daily newspaper die.

10.  I have quite the collection of Disney paraphernalia as I used to be pretty obsessed with all things Disney.  I still enjoy going to the Disney parks (the only theme parks I am not annoyed by) and I have quite the collection of Disney pins (which I do enjoy trading when I do get to visit the parks).

And if these 7 wonderful bloggers (also in no particular order) would like accept an honest scrap award and play along...it could be quite fun to keep it going:
1. Tales from a Librarian
2. Becoming Briggs
3. Three's Company Too
4. It's a Blair Life
5. The Palmer Family
6. Let it Be Leitsch
7. Tales from Tallmadge

~Melody :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much! This is my first blog award, too! I love reading about your daughter. The mommy guilt cracks me up. I'm not a mom yet (unless you count the weenie dog, which most *real* moms refuse to do...) and I've got that little list. I must admit though, that going natural in the delivery room isn't part of it. I'd like to be completely knocked out cold. Wake me up when it's over and I'll nurse the little bundle of joy!!!