We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 5, 2009

Big Girl Baby

Whenever I ask Cate if she's my big girl or my baby, her response is always, "big girl baby."  I think that about sums it up.  She is turning into a big girl.  She plays independently-- which is good when I need to get things done, but I prefer to be down there on the floor playing with her as much as I can.

She also shows me what a big girl she's becoming when she tries on my shoes...or my Uggs, as was the case yesterday morning.  They proved a little more challenging than my sandals and heels.

And she was definitely a big girl last night as she watched the choir from Mamelodi, South Africa perform at our church.  Mesmerized would be the word.


You can read more about our church's unique partnership with Charity and Faith Mission Church in Mamelodi by clicking here.  Scroll down and watch the videos-- they're awesome!  Eric and I hope to go on one of their mission trips to Mamelodi sometime in the next few years. 

And while I don't have any pictures to show it, Cate is in many ways still my baby (and always will be).  I'm reminded of this when she's tired and just snuggles up against me.  When she falls down, scrapes her knees, and cries for mommy.  When she needs her diaper changed or help getting some food on her fork. 

My big girl baby is becoming more of the big girl and less of the baby though.  There's no denying it.  So instead I just soak up every moment with her. 

~Melody :-)

P.S.  Cate is a big 20 month old today!

P.P.S.  No word on our computer yet.  Hopefully we'll know in the next couple of days if our hard-drive can be recovered.  I've got some great pictures from this weekend that I can't wait to share.

No comments: