We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Relatives Came...

...From Arizona, other parts of Ohio, West Virginia, Kentucky to celebrate my grandmother's (dad's mom) 80th birthday. It was a surprise party. I think she was surprised, don't you?
It was fun to see so many family and friends. My Aunt Lisa made this amazing cake.
Cate got to play with her cousin Aubrey (pictured below with my mom, my Aunt Lisa is holding Cate).
Aubrey later sported one of the hair clips I made. She actually has hair and leaves hers in. Aubrey is my Aunt Lisa's granddaughter (my cousin, Melissa's daughter).
Cate also got to see her grandpa. He was actually her "babysitter" on Friday night while we went to A Prairie Home Companion. I couldn't tell my grandma this though, because she didn't know he was coming to town.
Nana and Aunt Catherine are also always happy to see Miss Cate (so is Uncle Jeff, but I don't have any pictures of him with Cate--they were always in motion when they were together).
One of the coolest things about this weekend, was that Cate got to meet my Uncle Dave and Aunt Rae (who live in Arizona) for the first time. My Uncle Dave was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2003 and wasn't given a good prognosis. Miraculously, he's still here 6 years later and doing great! He and my aunt adored Cate!

It was a busy, busy, busy weekend, but we've been enjoying some quiet, family time tonight. Okay, maybe not so quiet since we're laughing a lot and banging on the wooden latch board.
~Melody :-)

PS...the title of this post is also the title of an adorable children's book. It's one of my favorites and reminds me of the family reunions my mom's side of the family has just about every year in the heart of Kentucky.

1 comment:

Jill (Lady Lazarus) said...

I love that children's book and have the same association, only it's reunions for my dad's side of the family and the relatives are from Virginia :-)