We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 9, 2009

For the Birds

Cate has become addicted to watching this short little film by Pixar, "For the Birds." At some point in time we downloaded it onto our iTunes and she cracks up at it. If you click on the title above, it should take you to the YouTube site where you can watch the film. If not, go to YouTube and search for Pixar's "For The Birds."

And speaking of birds, after reading a funny cartoon on my mom's friend's blog, I was reminded of this passage from one of my favorite books, Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott.

"My son Sam, at three and a half, had these keys to a set of plastic handcuffs, and one morning he intentionally locked himself out of the house. I was sitting on the couch reading the newspaper when I heard him stick his plastic keys into the doorknob and try to open the door. then I heard him say, "oh s***." my face widened, like the guy in Edvard Munch's scream. After a moment I got up and opened the door.

"Honey," I said, "what did you just say?"

"I said, 'Oh s***,'" he said.

"But honey, that's a naughty word. Both of us have absolutely got to stop using it. Okay?"

He hung his head for a moment, nodded, and said, "Okay, Mom." then he leaned forward and said confidentially, "but I'll tell you why I said 's***.'" I said Okay, and he said, "Because of the f****** keys!"

I still crack up over that one.

In other news, Cate is feeling much better. We went for a follow up with her pediatrician yesterday who said Cate looked 100 times better. Apparently our pediatrician grilled the doctors at Children's to make sure Cate was getting the best care. The pediatrician also confessed that she almost, ALMOST, called the squad to come and get Cate on Monday. Thankfully, Cate wasn't quite that bad. But still...

I'm officially on spring break as of 2:35 this afternoon...I'll be sure to post pictures of a much healthier looking Cate all week.

~Melody :-)

No comments: