We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 7, 2008

I Really Must be a Mom Now

Cate wiped her snotty nose on my shirtsleeve yesterday. She's had a runny nose for a couple of days. Thankfully, it seems to just be that. No other congestion or cough. A slight fever at times, but pretty much your run of the mill cold. Also, she is thankfully still sleeping through it all, which is the best thing for her.

I have not fared much better the end of this week. On Thursday morning, I noticed the left side of my chest really hurt. After pumping at lunch, I started to get chills, but was sweating. I went ahead and ate lunch, barely made it through my intervention class after lunch, and decided I really needed to go home since I was in so much pain and had such horrible chills. I work with wonderful people who stepped in to cover my last two classes. It was a good thing I left- the pain was so overwhelming, I barely made it home before I got sick.

Turns out this is a really bad case of mastitis, which is normally something that only affects moms nursing newborns. It's really rare to have it this late in the breastfeeding game. My doctor is fantastic and called in some meds right away (which my wonderful hubby left work to go pick up). Other than still having pain on my left side, I feel fine again. The fever, chills, and other flu-like symptoms are gone. I'll be back in business for work on Monday. Hopefully Cate's cold will clear itself up by then too.

~Melody

PS...she doesn't let a runny nose stop her. Here she is playing hard last night. My mom, dad, and sister are in town this weekend too. Family is always great medicine. Catherine and I stayed up playing Mario Kart and Guitar Hero on the Wii until midnight last night.

No comments: