We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Blessings

If you got stuck in traffic on Madison Road between 4 and 7 this evening (or if you get stuck tomorrow morning), know that it is for a good reason. Close to 200,000 people in both Cincinnati and South Africa will be blessed this Thanksgiving through Thanksgiving boxes provided by Crossroads. They make it easy by providing you a box, a list, and then unloading your car for you. As I drove away, I couldn't help but be overwhelmed by the many blessings in my life. Last week, Brian Tome, the lead pastor at church, encouraged us to write down the things we are thankful for and to put them somewhere so that we could read them on Thanksgiving Day. We took out a small square vase and in our dining room we started our collection of things we are thankful for. I'm humbled that our words on a few pieces of paper aren't even close to being adequate enough to expressing all that we are blessed with. As the holiday season begins, Eric and I have continued to practice some of the traditions started in our families, but we're forging some new ones of our own. I think the thankful vase needs to be one--although truly I feel like it should be a year long thing because I so often "forget" just how blessed I am.
If you'd like to "add" to our thankful vase, feel free to leave a comment below (on Facebook or the regular blog since these notes import to Facebook too). I'm going to share the thankful notes from our vase in a new post next week and will post yours too if you'd like.

~Melody :-)

PS...I sometimes randomly come across strangers' blogs and take an interest in them (see the list at right under people we don't know). I've come across another one that you can see by clicking here. She's having a fun FRYday contest (I realize Friday is over), but I think you can still enter if you have a blog. Her blog is fun and one of these days I'll get around to posting on "not-me Monday." And if you have time to read the story about her youngest son, you should. It's pretty amazing what God can do.

4 comments:

Michelle Riggs said...

Thanks for praying for Abby.

Abby has a facebook group "praying for Abby".

I am very new to facebook, so I doing know how to tell you were to find me or it. Oh well.

It was fun "meeting" another Riggs.

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful that no matter where I go, in life, and on earth, I know there will always be people back home who love me and support me no matter what. Love you guys!

~Kristin

Leanne B. said...

I am thankful for synthetic insulin (as noted on my blog post, which is similar to your post). Without it, my husband would not be here today ! :) And I am thankful for him, so indirectly I am more than thankful for insulin! :)

Unknown said...

I am thankful for each and every day, the good ones and the bad ones, for each helping hand, each moment of kindness. I am thankful for the world around us, for music, for food, for babies, for warm fireplaces and woolen socks. For dancing, for little old ladies on park benches, for strength in times of trouble, for a tiny star shining brightly in a completely black sky night. I am thankful for work, for toil, for studies, for health. For life, for love, and for friendship. I enjoy reading your blog. Keep writing.