We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Missing Daddy, but having fun with the girls...

Just a quick update...Cate and I are in Hudson visiting my mom (my dad is in Atlanta working), my brother and my sister.  My grandmother made the trip up with us and our main reason for coming was to see my cousin, Jennifer, perform in a community theater production of "Godspell" on Thursday evening.  I have to admit that I was quite proud of myself for getting the pack n' play set up on my own (Eric does this when we travel) and getting the exer-saucer collapsed to pack in the car and popped back up again once we got here.  :-)  Hopefully I'll be able to get the pack n' play and the exer-saucer re-collapsed on Friday when we leave.  

Also, if you could keep our family in your prayers, we'd appreciate it.  My parents are still waiting on their house to sell so my mom can finally move down to Atlanta and be with my dad.  There has been a lot of interest in their house, but most people who come to look at it have homes of their own to sell.  My mom is currently trying to decide if she should go ahead and take a part time job or not while she waits for it to sell.  

As for Eric and I, we need your prayers in our sitter situation for Cate. The sitter we had lined up for this school year had to let all of her clients go for some personal family reasons.  We totally understand her reasons and are praying for her and her family.  So now that leaves us with needing a place to put Cate.  We have some interviews early next week when I return and are really praying we can find another at-home sitter who will love and care for Cate like we do. We're thankful that this is at least happening now and not in the middle of the school year.  Our previous sitter did offer to watch Cate for a couple of weeks if need be while we look for a sitter, but since we don't need someone until mid-August, we'd rather try to get Cate in with someone from the get-go.  It's a stressful situation, but I'm really trying to have a good attitude and not get too stressed out about it.  

Thanks for your prayers and I'll try to get some pictures of our trip posted soon.  Today we're heading to a breastfeeding support group with a friend of mine from high school and her son.  They're discussing babyproofing, which is something Eric and I really need to get going on.  

~Melody :-)

No comments: