We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 10, 2010

Day Off

Eric and I are both taking much needed days off today. Which means extra snuggle time with Cate before we take her to the babysitter (yes, we're still sending her), and then time spent both relaxing and doing some things around the house as we make the last few preparations for Christmas and for Brennan's arrival.

If Brennan doesn't come before, I'm scheduled for an induction on the 22nd. Provided there are no complications, we'll be discharged on the 24th...home in time for Christmas! Good thing we went ahead and got a stocking for him. We have a lot to keep us busy between now in the 22nd, which is less than 2 weeks away! Our 2nd annual small group Christmas party is on Saturday night. We combined it with Thanksgiving this year, so we're having Thanksgiving dinner followed by a white elephant gift exchange for the adults and a visit from Santa for the kids. I have a full week of school next week where I'll be wrapping things up with my students. We are going to our church's annual Christmas show, Awaited, next weekend. It's a modern re-telling of the Christmas story. Check out the trailer (sorry, a small part is cut off) and get your free tickets at www.crossroads.net/awaited.



I have school up until the 21st, so I think the distraction will be nice. My students are starting to get in "holiday mode," which means keeping their attention takes a little extra work. There are still a few last minute gifts to wrap (and buy), some Christmas cookies to make, a blanket to finish knitting (almost done, I'm optimistic that I'll finish this weekend) and hopefully, if the forecast is right, a little more snow to play in. Which will make this girl happy:
But for now, it's time to eat some breakfast, get Cate ready, and then maybe head back to bed for a bit before I get going on my long to-do list.

~Melody :-)

No comments: