We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane

This time tomorrow I'll be in the hot, hot, desert heat of Tucson, Arizona. And I'll be doing something I haven't done since before Cate was born-- leaving Cate and my handsome hubby for more than one night. Yeah, they're not going with me. And strangely enough, I'm really looking forward to it. But I will miss my sweet girl (okay, and Eric too) like crazy!
Several relatives and one of my best friends from college live in Tucson. Originally, I was planning to take Cate with me and just leave Eric behind. But since Cate is over two years old, that would've required me buying her a seat. Which wouldn't have been a big deal, except then I got pregnant and got this crazy idea that I might want to take off the rest of next school year after B's birth, which would leave me without a paycheck for about six months (it will be so worth it though). So spending another $300+ to bring Cate was no longer an option at that point.
So leaving her at home it is. And leaving her at home I will. I've left Cate and Eric overnight several times for one-night (usually for something school related, like a conference or Power of the Pen tournament). And Eric and I left her with my mom for five nights last summer when we headed to the West Coast to celebrate our fifth anniversary. But leaving them both for five nights? I guess there's a first time for everything. My mom is coming down to watch Cate three of the four days that Eric has to work (she'll go to one of her sitter's on the fourth day). Eric is a fantastic father, so I know she's in good hands the entire time I'm away.
I'm looking forward to nights of uninterrupted sleep (Cate usually calls out once each night for us to open her door). I'm looking forward to seeing some family I haven't seen in awhile. I'm looking forward to hanging out with my friend, Jane. I'm looking forward to doing some reading on the airplane and poolside at Jane's house (yup, they have a pool-- I think you almost have to when you live in the desert). I'm looking forward to an In-n-Out Cheeseburger-- animal style. I'm looking forward to taking some awesome desert photographs. I'm looking forward to just having some time to myself.
Because let's face it-- once Baby B arrives, I'm not going to have a chance like this again for awhile.
~Melody :-)

No comments: