We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Return of Yoga Baby (in a new position)

Sometimes the words in Cate's vocabulary make me laugh. She knows what an iPod is (and how to work it-- the best $1.99 I ever spent was downloading an episode of "Little Einsteins" which she watches on the iPod all the time--a penguin drives a train of ice cream in it). She knows what a bluetooth is since Eric always has his on when he comes home from work. Eric and I both have Kindles and she knows what those are too. She knows the word computer and is a fan of getting on PBSkids with me and playing Elmo games.

And now she's starting to learn the names of yoga poses. In this post, Cate demonstrated a pretty basic yoga pose. Now she knows downward dog...a new phrase in her ever growing vocabulary. Here she is demonstrating it at my in-laws house this morning.
She spent the night there while Eric and I attended a charity Texas Hold 'Em tournament with our small group. I made it to the top 5 despite only ever having played poker once in my life, about 7 years ago. We were all playing for the same charity though (two members of our small group are going on a missions trip to New Orleans this summer and we all said we'd give the money to them if we won).

No, Cate's vocabulary does not yet include words and phrases like "straight," "flush," "the river," "flop," and "big blind."

~Melody :-)

No comments: