We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 26, 2010

Five Question Friday

It's time for Mama M's weekly question carnival! So here goes nothin'.

1. Do you sing karaoke? If so, what is your go to song?
Nope, you don't want me to sing karaoke...it wouldn't be pretty. On the rare occasions in my younger years I did sing the Grease medley at my 8th grade lock-in with about 10 friends (I think I have a tape of it somewhere) and "Like a Prayer" at one point in time. And one of my friends in college got an E-Kara that we used to screw around with. But nope, the whole karaoke night at the local bar thing-- fun for me to watch but I would never have the guts to get up there and do it.

2. What is your favorite coffee drink?
A skinny vanilla latte! Mmmmmmm.

3. If you could choose your own name, what would it be?
When I was little I wanted to be a Katie or a Jennifer like every other girl in my class. But I love my name now and wouldn't want it to be anything else.

4. Were you ever bullied?
Not really. In 6th grade when I was in my first year of middle school (and first year at a new school in a new town, etc.), there was a group of girls that played a slightly nasty trick on me by calling me to invite me to a birthday party. I asked my mom if I could go, excited to finally be invited to something, only to find out that the day of the party was Easter Sunday. I called the girls back and said I couldn't come because it was Easter and heard giggles on the line. Of course I found out a couple of weeks later that there never was a party to begin with. And of course I was hurt. But eventually I found my friends and my way and never really had any other issues. I'm not a fan of drama. And for the life of me now I can't remember who those girls were...so it really must not have damaged me too much. I think one's name was Jessica, and that she moved shortly after 6th grade, but I could be wrong.

5. How often do you eat fast food?
I try not to eat it often, maybe once or twice a month if I'm in a pinch or driving to visit family or something. I prefer eating at home. I should note though that I do NOT consider the delicious pizza from Papa Johns to be fast food...we eat that a lot around here. :-)

Happy Friday!
~Melody




MckLinky Blog Hop

2 comments:

Jill (Lady Lazarus) said...

Wait, there was karaoke at the 8th grade lock-in? Huh. Musta missed that. Although, honestly, the only thing I remember from that night is convincing the principal to let some of us into the nurses station so we could watch The X-Files :-P

Anonymous said...

I totally missed the karaoke at the lock in ... in fact, I don't even remember the lock in. Suppressed memory? ;)

Didn't we ALL sing Like A Prayer in high school? It was our go to song. :)