We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 29, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

After getting our fill of Thanksgiving goodness on Thursday, we headed to Hudson, the town in northeast Ohio where I spent life from 6th grade until I moved back to Cincinnati after college.

We put up our tree (not decorated yet though) before we left and I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures of Cate before departing. 

I think she's the cutest little elf ever!  It was considerably colder for being only 250 miles to the northeast.  Cate had to bundle up to play at the park on Saturday.

One of the things I love about Hudson is the way it looks all lit up for Christmas.

We took Cate to see "downtown" all lit up on Saturday after dinner.

Cate particularly enjoyed looking at the mouse on the clocktower.  There's a story that goes along with him about how he lives in the clocktower and was trying to get home for Christmas.  I looked for it online, but couldn't find it.

We ended our tour of downtown at The Learned Owl Bookstore, one of my favorite places. 

We're back home now and picking up where we left off with Christmas decorations.  Only 3 weeks of work for me and then it's Christmas vacation!!

~Melody :-)

2 comments:

Emily said...

I definitely miss Hudson at the holidays! It really is a picture book kinda town. My parents moved to Brecksville (another picture book kinda town!) about 5 years ago... so I don't get to see Hudson too much anymore when we go home to visit. I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving! Cate is possibly the cutest little girl I have ever seen. I love her elf outfit!

Carly said...

I enjoyed your Hudson pictures too. I am very excited that in 3 weeks we'll be there. I can't wait to see the snow and the Christmas lights. I know a while back you mentioned that you parents were going to be moving, are they still in the process of selling their house and moving? Cate is really getting big and takes such cute pictures.