We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Feeling Inspired

Some things I've been inspired by lately...in no particular order...

...the last of our "from the farm" apples and the cute Melissa and Doug wooden food Cate will be getting for Christmas (to go along with that kitchen Santa is bringing)...

...the start of our food drive at church (I can't wait to shop and I can't wait to work box drop-off) and the new found space we have in our living room since we got a new TV and put it above the fireplace (no more bulky television cabinet)...

...my new issue of Seeing the Everyday and the new TOAST catalog (which has great photography and lots of things I wish I could buy), and the new sidewalk we are FINALLY getting out in front of our house (after gas line work tore up our sidewalk this summer)...

...my sock monkey slippers...and last but not least, Cate getting a piano lesson from Daddy.

What's inspiring you this week?

~Melody :-)

2 comments:

Aunt B and 3 said...

Loved your inpsiration thoughts. Mine are, or at least a few this week:
1.the way the sun shines through the trees minus their leaves painting a scene like a charcoal sketch as I drive north on Rt 8 towards Hudson to work and spend some quality one on one time with the Lord just "chatting" about the day to come.
2. the peace that comes with knowing our little 4some is tucked in safe and sound and the realization that these precious moments are fleeting as our nest gets nearer and nearer to being empty
3. the scent of my vanilla candle filling the front hall with lovely aroma
4. the black squirrels unique to our area scampering about reminding me that I too, need to prepare for the winter season.
5. the hope for humanity as I witnessed the lady in Hudson parking her car in the parking lot and walking over to the young lady holding her sign regarding her need for assistance cheerfully pressing the money into her hand and leaving her with what was surely a prayer for her future well-being.
I have SO many more, but these come to mind. Stay in touch with your inspiration Mel, it will always prove to be contagious. Love you all...Aunt B

Unknown said...

THanks! Having a clean and peacful house has been such an improvement! I'm also inspired by all the thankful blogs I've read lately, and the kiddos we're babysitting this weekend!