We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Some yummy Irish food

I really don't know if either Eric or I have any Irish in us at all (I know I've got a lot of heritage way back on my mom's side from that general area of the globe, but I don't know if any of it is specifically Irish). Regardless of what our heritage may be though, Eric and I definitely like Guiness and Smithwicks and Harp, potatoes and cabbage and corned beef, fish and chips, beautiful Celtic knots, U2, Irish pub songs and other Irish music (ask Eric what specifically...he's the music man and knows our extensive CD and iTunes library much better than I do)-- one would think that maybe we are Irish somewhere in there. Anyway, last night we decided to head up to our local Irish pub, Molly Malone's. Molly Malone's is right here in Pleasant Ridge and an easy 10 minute walk from our house. It's also right next door to one of our favorite coffee places, Pleasant Perk.
It was perfect sweater weather last night in the Ridge.
So off we went...
We sat outside and Cate and daddy posed for a picture while we waited for our food to come.
Of course we had fish and chips (and some wings too). Cate got to try a chip as well. She wasn't too thrilled, but when baby food is all you know what can you expect?
Cate was pretty mellow on the ride home. We read her Eric Carle's Pancakes, Pancakes, which we checked out from the library, gave her a bath, and nursed her right to sleep.

~Melody :-)

PS...Molly Malone's was not our original intended destination. The Peapod Cafe is a new restaurant up in the Ridge that has a much lighter fare (soups, salads, sandwiches and herbal teas). The owner is big on using organic and/or locally grown ingredients. They only had lunch hours since their grand opening in August, but have now expanded and are open for dinner. However, I think they're still adjusting to being a place for dinner as they were pretty much out of food when we got there. Eric and I both enjoyed a cup of vegan tomato curry soup before we decided to head to Molly Malone's. I think we'll try The Peapod again once they have a few more months of experience under their belt.

No comments: