We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 31, 2008

We Serve a Mighty God

I don't understand everything God ordains- and I'm not supposed to. I trust and have faith that it is all for his glory. But parts of this week were rough. Some friends from college are going through a tough time with their daughter. Please lift them up in prayer. A student on our team at school (I do not have her in class, but had her older sister when I was a student-teacher and her older brother a couple of years ago), was diagnosed this week with leukemia. She is the second student at the school where I teach to be battling cancer. The other student, also an 8th grader, was diagnosed over the summer. Please lift both students up as well. I've cried a lot for both situations this week and in certain moments I have been frustrated with God for allowing these things to happen. But in the words of Ginny Owens, "there's a bigger picture [I] can't see." God is good, that's all I know.
~Melody :-)

No comments: