We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 20, 2008

A Weekend Visit and Fall Day Trip

On Friday afternoon, my mom and aunt arrived for a visit. We gathered together at my grandmother's house for a fall favorite- homemade vegetable soup. For dessert, Cate got her first taste of pumpkin pie and loved it! She kept holding her mouth open for more.
On Saturday we got up early to drive to Stanton, Kentucky to visit my great aunt. We've had family reunions at her house just about every year since I can remember, although the last two years we haven't been able to get our schedules coordinated (don't worry, we will for the summer of 2009). The drive was beautiful (all of the leaves are starting to turn) and the weather nice and cool. Cate posed for a picture in a mini-chair outside on the porch.
And was clearly tickled by the plants in the garden with great Aunt B.
It was great visiting. My mom's cousins Lois and Danny stopped by as did Danny's daughter, Danielle, and her boyfriend.

On Sunday we had originally made plans to go to Hall-zoo-ween at the Zoo with Nana, but my mom had to hit the road earlier than expected, so Cate and I did a little shopping for some winter clothes (for her, not for me) and played at home while we waited for Eric to get back (he was in Columbus staffing the marathon for TNT on Saturday and Sunday).
Why do the weekends always go by so fast?

~Melody :-)

No comments: