We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 29, 2008

And while we're on the subject of summer...

I thought I'd also post my summer reading list...it's a little ambitious with an almost 4 month old, but we'll see...

On Chesil Beach (I just started this one) by Ian McEwan

How to be Good by Nick Hornby

Bel Canto by Ann Patchett

Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri (if it ever comes in from the library)

Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell

Walk On: The Spiritual Journey of U2 by Steve Stockman

Shopaholic Ties the Knot by Sophie Kinsella

Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin

So it's about one book per every 10 days or so, which is a lot slower than my normal summer reading pace. Of course Cate and I will be reading plenty of picture books as well. We got a ton at the Scholastic warehouse sale two weeks ago and we love our library! I can't wait to take her to story time.

Don't worry...I'll take and post new pictures this weekend. And if you have any summer reading suggestions, let me know and I'll add them to my ever growing list. :-)

~Melody

1 comment:

Aunt B and 3 said...

Ran across this title from an Enquirer article:Sacks' most recent book is "Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain," I am going to check it out. It is about the healing powers of music. Thought Eric might enjoy it also as a travel book with TNT. Happy Reading! Aunt B.