We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 31, 2008

Weight Watching

Sorry...this isn't a post about Cate...at least not directly.

I didn't gain an unhealthy amount of weight with Cate, but I did gain a little more than I would've liked, mostly due to the fact that my activity was limited when I started having low fluid levels and then when I was overdue, I pretty much just threw caution to the wind and ate whatever I wanted for 9 days.

After Cate was born, I lost a lot of weight immediately and continued to lose until I hit a plateau at about 5 and a half weeks.

Which brings me to last Monday, when I joined Weight Watchers. After doing a lot of diet research and talking to a few people, I learned that WW has a way for nursing moms to track points and lose weight safely and successfully.

After one week on their program I lost 6.6 pounds. And the best part is that it doesn't even feel like a diet. I can eat things I like. It just makes you more aware of what you're putting in your body. We even went out a couple of times this week.

I still have a little under 20 pounds to go until I'm back where I was pre-Cate...which isn't bad at all. And I know some weight won't come off until I'm done nursing. I'm not someone who obsesses about weight either...I don't want anyone to think that. In fact, we didn't even own a scale until this fall. My clothes have always just seemed to fit without really trying to do anything. And I'm a pretty active person.

But today I'm just simply excited that this is working and wanted to celebrate my success. My pre-pregnancy jeans are just around the corner :-)

~Melody

1 comment:

Leanne B. said...

You're giving me motivation! I have another friend who is doing this as well and has lost quite a bit of weight. I think I need to join you! I have been lazy for too long! :) Where do you meet?