We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Best Friend's Wedding

On Saturday, one of my dearest friends whom I've known since middle school, got married. Eric and I dropped Cate off at my parents' house before heading to Pittsburgh for the festivities.
We rehearsed on Friday and enjoyed the company of the other members of the wedding party.
Then all the women went to get their hair done Saturday morning.
Eventually we all ended up looking like this:
And before I knew it, Jenn's dad was walking her down the aisle (this is pretty much when I lost it...thank goodness for waterproof mascara).
Then her husband, Sean, was walking her back.
The reception involved lots of food, including a cookie table (apparently it's a Pittsburgh thing)...
...and lots of dancing.
We had an absolutely wonderful time and I was so honored to serve as matron of honor (even though that title makes me feel old and I'm only 26 days older than the bride).

Congratulations Jenn and Sean! We wish you decades of happiness!

~Melody :-)

PS...Thank you to my hubby for putting up with me when my bridesmaid's dress didn't fit (and then did again through the miracle sewing of my grandmother), and for driving since I was tired (I thought that was supposed to go away in 2nd trimester), and for playing photographer all weekend.

2 comments:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I am SO excited you posted pictures from the wedding-- everyone looked GORGEOUS (especially the bride; her hair was stunning!), and it was such fun to see so many familiar faces in your photos.

Congrats to the happy couple!!!

~Elizabeth

Jill (Lady Lazarus) said...

I love how I'm kinda holding the railing at the rehearsal. Clearly the Shoes of Death were getting to me ;-)