We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 4, 2010

The Bachelorette

No this is not a post about that mind-numbing show on ABC that I every once in awhile get sucked into (and no, I really am not watching the new season...no time and I can't stay awake). But this is a post about a very dear friend who is getting married a week from tomorrow.
Jenn and I have known each other since middle school and have been through just about everything a friendship can go through in 16 (wow, that makes me feel really old) years. Last weekend's trip to Hudson was not just for Thomas (see my last post) or for a parade (coming soon), but also for Jenn's bachelorette party. Six of us-- mostly bridesmaids in the wedding-- headed out to a nice dinner in Cleveland at Porto Vecchio. I forgot to take pictures, but I did enjoy great conversation and a wonderful prosciutto and fontina stuffed chicken breast. Then it was off to The Chocolate Bar for dessert.

Talk about your chocolate desserts (and the fact that they play the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on some of the flat screen TVs)...man, they were to die for. The other 5 started off with shooters in edible chocolate shot glasses. No shooter for this momma though...obviously.I opted for the molten chocolate cake-- delicious chocolate cake with a hot fudge center served with a mini-eclair, strawberry, chocolate straw, and whipped cream. Jenn's chocolate sorbet was creatively served in half of a cocoa pod. I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say we were stuffed and tired by the end of the night, but are so looking forward to spending more time together in a week for the wedding. ~Melody :-)

No comments: