We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 5, 2010

I Love a Parade!

Memorial Day weekend is kind of a crap-shoot in Northeast Ohio. Some years it's rainy and cold and other years it's sweltering hot-- like this year. Still, I hadn't been to Hudson's Memorial Day parade since probably the summer after my freshmen year of college. In high school, I used to march in the parade with our 200+ member band (I know these kids were miserable in their uniforms).Despite the heat, Cate enjoyed the parade. She got a flag to wave around.
Then she took a seat with Aunt C where she pretty much stayed for the entire parade (or "pu-raid" as Cate pronounces it).
And when it was over (the band is actually first, but I like this parting shot), we headed back to my parents' house for a quick lunch before the car ride back home.
I think this wraps up my posts about our busy weekend in Hudson. Can't believe it only took me a week to get them all in. Happy belated Memorial Day and God Bless our service men and women.

~Melody :-)

2 comments:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

LOLOLOL, I remember those parades! I can't believe the Dancers are still wearing the same uniforms we got my senior year... they've got to be SHABBY by now!

We went the May I was PG with Georgia... Maybe we'll try to make it next year, you made it look like fun!

~Elizabeth

Jill (Lady Lazarus) said...

Marching in the parade itself I could tolerate. Standing for an hour in the cemetery? Not so much.

But I'm with Elizabeth -- I can't believe the dancers are wearing the same uniform still!