We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Birthday Bash and Baby




So, 26 years down, and several more to go.  It was my birthday today, and it was also Cate's 6 month birthday.  I woke up to doughnuts in bed and then got to open presents with Cate in my lap.  She got me the new Coldplay CD and Mel got me three new shirts.  Later, we went and interviewed with Cate's new sitter in Madiera.  She was a very nice woman that only watches two other kids, so Cate will get plenty of attention. Then we ended the day with steaks for dinner and cake and ice cream (with other family) for dessert.  Then, I had my small irrational moment, and bought a fountain pen with some of my birthday money.  For whatever reason, I bought one about 10 years ago, and fell in love with it, but because of retail, was never really able to use it.  Now that my job is a little more writing instrument friendly, I figured it was time to reintroduce my quirk. Until you've used one, you wouldn't understand.  
Anyway, it was a very blessed day, and the best part was, I got to spend it all with my girls.  Thanks for a great day. 
- Papa E

No comments: