We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 2, 2008

False Alarm

Every new mom has at least one false alarm. You know, where they think it's time, they go to the hospital, and then they get sent home. Today was my false alarm. While Eric was out on an early morning run, I was sitting in bed dozing and watching the news when all of a sudden....let's just say that I felt like I had an accident. I called the doctor and explained what happened. Obviously over the phone she can't tell me whether or not what I experienced was my water breaking. So once Eric got home it was off to the hospital. The whole way there I was trying really hard not to get my hopes up that this might be "it." And good thing too, because after getting there and getting checked out, we learned that Cate had just kicked me really REALLY hard in the bladder.

I'm not gonna lie...it was rough to get back in the car and know that today was not our day. But back into the car we went and decided to distract ourselves with the Pancake Breakfast at church. I've felt fine all day and have a feeling that I'll be back at work again on Monday- unfortunately. It's looking more and more like we're heading towards an induction next week. But things could change in an instant, so who knows? On the bright side, by this time next week we should have our little girl.

~Melody :-)

No comments: