We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers. - I Thessalonians 1:2


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"You're Still Here?"

Ahhh...the million dollar question that I was asked by just about everyone I work with yesterday. Followed up with the "I thought you were having a baby this weekend." I kind of wanted to say "Yes, I'm still here, you're looking at me and obviously I did NOT have a baby this weekend." But I bit my tongue and laughed along with them. I know my coworkers mean well and I know that most of them are just as anxious as I am.

So here's the update....we went to the doctor yesterday where I had a somewhat painful procedure performed (I'll spare you the details) that if it works, helps to start labor within about 24 hours. It hasn't quite been 24 hours yet, but I'm going to work and I feel fine...so I don't think it did anything. We made an appointment for next week. If Cate doesn't arrive on her own by then, we'll be scheduling an induction for sometime next week (so much for the spontaneity of "honey, it's time"). She's got to come out sooner or later.

~Melody

2 comments:

Aunt B and 3 said...

I have a blog now at Tales from Tallmadge....check it out. I wrote a little diddy for Cate.

Mrs. S said...

You could still say, "Honey, it's time," though it might not get the same reaction. Hang in there! xoxo